Wednesday, February 14, 2024
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
111 Main Street East
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Join Chef Maricel of Maricel's Kitchen for an extraordinary culinary journey in celebration of the vibrant fusion of Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day.
Chef Maricel, known for her innovative and heartwarming cuisine, will guide you through the creation of traditional Chinese dishes, each symbolizing prosperity, unity, and good fortune.
Classes are hands-on, interactive and perfect for cooks of all skill levels.
At the end participants will enjoy the meal they created and receive their very own packet of recipes for those dishes.
Chef Maricel has a full menu to ensure a bountiful feast for the celebration:
- Steamed Fish with Ginger & Scallion: Fish symbolizes abundance and prosperity, making it a traditional essential for New Year celebrations.
- Spring Rolls: Vegetables and Pork Filling - The golden color of spring rolls: represents wealth, as they resemble gold bars, and they symbolize the welcoming of spring.
- Vegetarian Lo Mein: Noodles represent longevity and happiness in Chinese tradition.
- Pork & Shrimp Shomai Dumplings: Dumplings are shaped like ancient Chinese money, symbolizing wealth and good fortune for the New Year.
- Sweet Sesame Balls: Their round shape signifies family unity, and the sweet flavor represents a sweet life.
Maricel's Kitchen Cooking Classes
Maricel, an experienced chef with a deep-seated passion for Asian cuisines, is excited to guide you in your exploration of these mouthwatering dishes. Maricel's Kitchen Classes serve as an ideal opportunity for social events, from a girls' night out to gatherings with friends, or simply to sharpen your culinary skills and deepen your appreciation of food.
Classes are hands-on and interactive. Participants will receive their very own packet of recipes for the dishes they created. Maricel ends all her classes with everyone sitting down to enjoy the meal they just created. It is a perfect end to the event and gives everyone a chance to socialize and enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Classes start promptly. All participants should arrive about fifteen minutes early to check in and get settled. Due to limited space and the upfront costs of food, classes and events are only refundable 7 days before the event start date. If within 7 days of the event start date you are unable to attend, you are more than welcome to transfer your seat to someone else. The event organizer has the right to cancel class within 3 days of the event start date if a minimum of 3 attendees is not met. Should the class be cancelled, participants will be offered to select another cooking class of equal or lesser value.