Sunday, December 17, 2023
7:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Price: $60 - $150
Central Presbyterian Church
70 Maple Street
Summit, NJ 07901
The Learned Kindred of Currie
You are invited to join us in celebrating the sacred message of the holiday season in a reverent, joyful style that found its genesis among our Celtic ancestors. With music and poetry that reflect our cherished traditions, this year’s program includes perennial favorites as well as inspiring original works.
Since making its debut in 1999, The Pipes of Christmas has played to standing-room-only audiences. Now a cherished holiday event, many of our audience return each year, reporting that the concert has become an unmissable part of their family’s annual Christmas tradition.
Program & Performances
Our musical program is a combination of traditional carols and newly commissioned works, performed by our company of talented professional musicians from the United States, Scotland, and Ireland. Each performance includes two Acts, with a 15-minute intermission.
About the Pipes of Christmas
The concert is hosted by the Learned Kindred of Currie, a non-profit cultural and educational organization dedicated to preserving and promoting Scottish and Highland heritage and the arts.
Pipes of Christmas enables our continued efforts to support the global Scottish community through initiatives such as:
- Hosting the largest Tartan Day event in the world, Tartan Day on Ellis Island, which received 184,000 visitors in 2023 alone!
- Providing scholarships to deserving students
- Commissioning new musical and cultural works
- The Learned Kindred of Currie Monuments Initiative, which helps erect and preserve new and existing locations such as the Scottish Writers Museum in Edinburgh and Bale nam Bàrd (the bard’s home) on the Island of South Uist
- Developing a cultural heritage centre in Scotland (currently in preliminary stages)